Brushing your teeth daily is important for your oral health. Here are some tips and tricks on how to brush your teeth the right way, in order to ensure the cleanest and shiniest smile!
- Choose the right toothbrush. If it feels like you are opening your mouth too wide then your toothbrush is probably too big. If it feels like you can’t reach all your teeth then your toothbrush is probably too small. Find one that suits you best.
- Electrical or manual toothbrush? It doesn’t matter. This is a personal preference. Electrical toothbrushes do make it easier for some people, but manual will do the job too if you brush well.
- In order for you to brush your teeth the right way, make sure you brush for at least two minutes! Most people go under this time. Try to divide your mouth into four sections, and spend 30 seconds on each section.
- Brush twice a day! (For two minutes each time)
- Don’t brush too hard. You don’t want to over do it. Plaque removes fairly easily; therefore a gentle brush will do the job.
- To brush your teeth the right way you must also use the right technique. Have your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums, and then do up and down motions.
- Change your toothbrush every three to four months. It is important to do so as the bristles on toothbrushes start to break apart after time.